Loved in Serbia and across the globe. The Karađorđeva steak, or as it is also popularly called “a girl’s dream”, is a dish created by chance but a dish that managed to win over many hearts.
- 800 g pork or veal fillet
- 80 g seasoned kajmak
- 30 g flour
- 1 egg
- 30 g bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Slice the fillet so that you get a sizeable steak.
- Pound the meat until it is thin and soft on both sides.
- Make one edge of the steak thinner so that it could stick easily one the meat is rolled up.
- Spread kajmak along the thicker edge and roll the meat into a cylinder shape.
- Coat the stuffed meat with flour and remove the excess flour.
- Then dip it into the beaten egg on all sides and then in the bread crumbs.
- Then roll the meat on a clean surface so that the bread crumbs stick better.
- Fry in hot oil until golden yellow.
Photo credit and inspiration: www.zena.blic.rs & serbia.com