If you want to try something unusual and tasty, something that will awaken your senses and excite your taste buds, then you simply have to try the komplet lepinja.
- Fresh flat bun
- 1 egg
- a lard-like substance left after roasting pork or lamb
- Cut the bun horizontally creating a slight dent in the middle so that the bun resembles a pot with a lid.
- Spread kajmak over the lower part of the bun. Whisk an egg and spread it across the kajmak.
- Then put the lower part of the bun in a heated oven and bake for about 10 minutes (depending how crispy you like your bun).
- Put the upper part of the bun in the stove just before you take out the lower so that it can be nice and warm too.
- After baking them, take the buns and pour hot pretop over them.
Photo credit and inspiration: www.planinskidorucak.rrazlatibor.rs & Serbia.com