Skampi Na Buzara
Buzara is basically a sauce that seafood is cooked in. It could be mussels or squid or shrimp.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup strained tomatoes
- ½ salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cup white wine
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a large fry pan, heat up the olive oil to medium heat. Add in the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds taking care that the garlic does not burn.
- Add in the shrimps and coat with the olive oil and garlic.
- Add in the wine and cook for about 5 minutes until the alcohol evaporates. Add the tomato, salt raisins and breadcrumbs. Mix gently.
- Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes until the shrimp are cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and serve. Serve on platter together with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce.
Photo credit and inspiration: internationalcuisine