Honey Walnut Baked Apples
These baked apples are very easy to make and a real treat. They would be wonderful with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
- 6 baking apples Granny Smith’s work well
- 3 tbsp raisins, soaked in either brandy, orange juice, or water to soften
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the soaked raisins, honey, cinnamon and walnuts, set aside.
- Core the apples and score the skin.
- Fill each apple with a tablespoon of the filling mixture.
- Place the apples standing up in a baking dish or pie tin.
- Lower the heat to 300 degrees and bake for 60 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm.
Photo credit and inspiration: internationalcuisine