Chicken with Walnuts
The crushed walnuts add a lovely nutty flavor and texture to this dish. Simply flavored with minced garlic.
- 2 Chicken, breast or thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped finely
- 2 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ lb 1 stick of butter, divided
- Place the chicken or veal into a skillet and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Remove the meat and set aside, leaving the remaining juices in the pan.
- In a saucepan, add the flour and sauté over medium heat until it becomes a light brown color, making sure to not overcook.
- Add in one half stick of butter.
- Once melted, add the crushed walnuts, minced garlic, two egg yolks and stir constantly.
- Add in the juices from the skillet and sauté until the ingredients thicken, taking care to not let the egg yolks solidify.
- Add in the cooked veal or chicken.
- Melt the other ½ stick of butter until a lightly golden brown.
- Pour over the four servings.
Photo credit and inspiration: internationalcuisine