Lika Lunch - Ličin Ručak
You can have this on a cold winter mornings for breakfast with scrambled eggs. It was very filling and it can be serve it anytime.
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/-inch pieces
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced into thin coins
- 1 medium head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 2 tbsp water
- Peel and chop the potatoes, rinse the potatoes and place them in a medium-size glass bowl.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt and black pepper, stir or toss with your hands. Boil the potatoes until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and as soon as it's hot, add the onions.
- Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender and lightly browned. Add the garlic and the kielbasa. Cook while stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, add them to the skillet. Toss to coat, adding a small additional drizzle of oil only if needed.
- Spread the potatoes across the pan and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes, stir and continue cooking until lightly browned.
- Add the cabbage and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to combine, add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover with lid. Cook for about 4 minutes, until the cabbage is bright green and still a little crunchy. Taste and add additional salt, only if needed.
Photo and inspiration: cookingserbian.blogspot.com