Simple Tomato Salad - Jednostavna Paradajz Salata
Quite nice and refreshing any time of year with any meal.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 green pepper cored, diced into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Toasted garlic croutons
- In a small bowl or jar or salad cruet, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and salt & pepper then set aside or place in refrigerator while blending the vegetables.
- In a salad bowl, put the tomatoes, green onions, green pepper, garlic and parsley then mix well. Pour the dressing on top and toss or mix with a wooden spoon or spatula so as not to break the tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste, add more sugar if you like less acidic taste caused by the tomatoes and Balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle grated cheese and spread croutons on top before serving or you can put the croutons on the table in a bowl and the Parmesan cheese as well so that your guests can add it to their portion if they wish.
Photo and inspiration: cookingserbian.blogspot.com