Leek Caserole (Tavë me presh)
Lamb is probably the most widely used meat in the country. Although using beef might do as well.
- 2 lb leeks
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb ground meat(lamb, beef)
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Mild red pepper
- Cut off the green leaves from leeks; wash and cut leeks slantwise into 1-inch thick slices. Sauté in a little oil and place in a baking pan.
- Sauté onion and ground meat in remaining oil. Add beef stock, tomato sauce, red pepper, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Pour meat mixture over the Sautéd leeks.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees F.
- Serve hot.
Photo credit and inspiration: myalbanianfood, albaniavisits