Pepper and Potato Stew (Slane Paprike sa Lukom I Krompirom)
You can serve it as a sauce over rice, wide noodles, or pasta such as Rigatoni or Linguini. It is also great by itself for a vegetarian meal and is quite simple to make.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large red, yellow, orange, and green peppers sliced into thin strips
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 can large diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Vegeta
- Salt and course black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add peppers; cook stirring until they begin to soften for about 10 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and cook until they begin to soften stirring so the peppers an onions do not burn, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes with the juice and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, vegetables, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring until all vegetables are tender and the juices thickened for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve or set side while you prepare the pasta or rice. If you made pasta, put the pasta in a large serving bowl and ladle the sauce over it and then toss.
- Put some extra sauce in a small bowl and set on the table so your guests can add more if they wish.
Photo and inspiration: cookingserbian.blogspot.com