Mackerel in Wine & Tomato Sauce
It is really easy to make and you can serve it in individual dishes which makes it ideal for dinner parties.
- 2 medium size onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes peeled and chopped
- chopped parsley
- 2 cleaned and boned mackerels
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 tbsp oil
- Saute the onion in oil for 5 minutes, add the tomatoes, wine, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Spread 1/2 of the sauce evenly in baking dish. Place the mackerels on top.
- Cover with the remaining souce. Preheat oven to 190C and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Photo credit and inspiration: charlottesvveb.com, passionateaboutfood.net