Spinach and Sorrel soup
The taste of sorrel - it adds slight sour-flavor that is surprisingly refreshing and delicious.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach, washed
- 1 lb sorrel
- 1 cup rice
- black pepper
- red pepper
- cayene pepper
- In a large pot, saute the onions and garlic with some olive oil over medium heat.
- Then add the carrots, celery, bell peppers and all the seasonings / spices and continue cooking until all the vegetables are soft (5 min).
- Then add the washed spinach and sorrel and cook for additional 5 minutes or until all the leaves have released water.
- Add water (~ 1.5 - 2 Liters) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the rice and simmer for 20 min.
Photo credit and inspiration: bgcooks.com