Main dish of Mixed Vegetables (Turli perimesh)
Albanians typically only use one herb or spice per dish. One like paprika, or parsley, or pepper.
- 2 lb various vegetables (peppers, eggplant, okra, zucchini, potatoes, etc)
- 1/2 cup oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- After cutting off inedible tips of vegetables, wash and slice them into 1-inch squares.
- Sauté vegetables in half of the oil and remove them from the frying pan.
- Sauté onion and tomatoes in the remaining oil, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Put everything in a stock pot with a cup of water, cover tightly, and simmer until almost all moisture has cooked away.
- Serve hot, accompanied by steak, meatballs, or any other main dish.
Photo credit and inspiration: globaltableadventure.com, albaniavisits