Tirana Furghes with Peppers (Fergesë e Tiranës me speca)
The specialty of the capital city, Tirana, is a dish called “Fergesë e Tiranës me speca” which is sautéed tomatoes and peppers with feta cheese.
- 1/2 lb Green or Red Peppers
- 1/2 lb Salted Cottage Cheese or Greek Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 lb butter
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and peppers.
- Sauté them in a saucepan for 5-7 minutes only in the olive oil and then set them aside to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Dice them the way you like. In another saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add flour, cottage or Feta cheese, and black pepper, salt and chili pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and place them in saucepan.
- Put saucepan in a preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out and serve immediately.
Photo credit and inspiration: albaniavisits