Greek Dukkah-encrusted Zucchini Fries
Crunchy and full of flavour on the outside, soft and melt-in-the-mouth on the inside.
- 2 zucchini
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek-style Dukkah
- oil spray
- Cut ends off the zucchinis. Cut each zucchini in half, then cut each half length ways into three strips. Then cut each strip length ways in half. You should end up with 12 sticks per zucchini.
- Roll the zucchini sticks in flour and dust off.
- Quickly dip each stick into the egg wash, then coat generously with dukkah.
- Place zucchini sticks onto a greased baking tray and sprinkle more dukkah over the top if necessary.
- Spray sticks with olive oil.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 30 minutes, or until sizzling and golden.
Photo and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com