Tave Me Presh
Tave me presh is a delicious traditional ground beef and leek casserole from Albania.
- 2 lb leeks
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- Vegetable oil
- black pepper
- Sauté the leeks in a little oil for 8-10 minutes.
- Lay on baking dish.Sauté the onion in a little oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and continue to cook for a few minutes.Add the beef stock, tomato sauce, red bell pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the meat mixture over the leeks. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for at least 1 hour.
- You can leave in the oven for another 10-15 minutes if you prefer the dish more consistent with a little less sauce.
Photo credit and inspiration: 196flavors.com