Buckwheat leavened dumplings
Buckwheat leavened dumplings - "ajdovi vzhajanci" is a traditional Slovenian buckwheat dish.
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 250 ml boiled water
- 125 g wheat flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the yeast:
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 100 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- Sift the buckwheat flour into a bowl for kneading the dough. With a big wooden spoon mix in boiled water and leave to cool down a bit.
- Prepare the yeast. In a glass mix yeast, sugar and flour into a lukewarm water. Cover and keep in warm place for a few minutes to rise.
- Sift the wheat flour and mix it into the wet buckwheat flour. Add salt and olive oil on one side of a flour mixture. Than add activated yeast in the middle so that the yeast will not touch the salt directly.
- Knead the soft dough, like you would knead the dough to make bread. Cover it and put it in a warm place for one hour to rise.
- Put the dough on the working table and make a roller shape. Cut into 4 to 6 pieces, depends on how big portions you would like to have.
- Make a small roller from each piece. Leave them to rise again for 20 to 30 minutes. Then put them into salty boiling water and cook on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
Photo and inspiration: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com