It can be made with sour cabbage or sour turnips and potatoes, beans and a beat of ham or sausages.
- 500 g sour cabbage or sour turnips
- 500 g potatoes
- 300 g dried kidney beans
- 1 medium onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp red sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato pure
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g bacon
- Wash the beans well and let them soak in water over night.
- Cook separately the beans and the potatoes.
- Chop the bacon and anion and fry all together with bay leave until they get nice light brown color. Then add the cabbage.
- Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and all the spices except salt.
- Cover the pot and cook approximately 15minutes.
- Than add cooked and drained beans and potatoes. Take a few pieces of cooked potatoes mash them into puree to thicken the soup.
- Add water used when cooking potatoes or beans.
Photo and inspiration: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com,