Potato and Vegetable Omelet
This is a one dish meal or you can serve it with a simple salad and a little garlic or peasant bread.
- 450 g potatoes
- black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g frozen peas
- 6 eggs
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes. Cook in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic, deseed and chop the pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and fry for 4 minutes, add the red pepper and peas, cook for 3 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oild in the pan, add the potatoes and cook for 8 minutes stirring, add the onion mixture, sprinkle the parsley, and mix well with the potatoes.
- Beat the eggs, mix with the cheese and season. Pour over the mixture evenly.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Loosen the edges with a palette knife and turn out the omelette onto a plate.
Photo credit and inspiration: food.com, passionateaboutfood.net