Chomlek is one of the most typical dishes offered in Bansko and Dobrinishte. Local cuisine based on old recipes and environmentally friendly home-made products.
- 1.5 kg onion
- 2 kg veal shank
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 1 garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 20 pcs black pepper
- 3 grains allspice
- 2 cup white wine
- 6 tbsp oil
- Cut potatoes in big pieces, if they are large.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the bottom of the pot.
- Add half of the onions on top and arrange the sliced veal shank. Arrange the reminding potatoes and onions on the shank.
- Add the bay leaf, black pepper and allspice grains.
- Pour the white wine into the pot. Put the whole cloves of garlic and pour water to the middle of the pot.
- Add oil and cover the neck of the pot with aluminum foil and cover it with the lid.
- Carefully wrap the lid with foil. Bake the chomlek in an oven heated to the maximum temperature for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake for about 3.5 hours.
Photo credit and inspiration: leonardobansko.com, old.e-tourism-bg-mk.eu