Creamed Zucchini Soup
The soup is delicious served cold with a drizzle of lemon juice, perfect for those hot summers days.
- 2 medium zucchini, washed, cut in cubes
- 2 medium potatoes , washed, peeled, cut in cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cubes chicken stock
- 1 liter water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
- 1 tbsp dill
- In lidded pan heat the butter or oil, add the onions and stir to cover with butter, sprinkle the paprika and stir to coat the onions.
- Add the zucchini and potatoes and stir well, add the water and the stock cubes, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take off the hob, stir in the minced garlic and the dill, cool for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and set aside, puree the vegetables in a food processor or use the puree attachment of your mixer, combine with the liquid, stir well.
Photo credit and inspiration: skinnytaste.com, passionateaboutfood.net