In Eastern part of Slovenia called Styria traditional dish "štruklji" or rolled dumplings are prepared in a different way.
- 100 g precooked, well drained and smashed spinach leaves
- 1 egg
- 50 g semolina or bread crumbs
- black pepper
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 100 g sour cream
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep aside for about 15 minutes. If the filling is too soft, you can add more semolina or bread crumbs.
- Stretch the dough on a cotton sheet evenly to each side and spread the filling all over. Roll it in a roll and cut with a wooden knife into small pieces.
- Boil the water, add salt and put in the portions of rolled dumplings. Lower the heat and simmer the soup for 15 to 20 minutes. Before serving garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Photo and source: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com