Chicken soup is a traditional Bulgarian soup, very tasty and healthy. It has many healing properties - it cures colds, inflammatory processes in the body, it helps to lower blood pressure, acts favorably against a hangover.
- 200 g chicken
- 1.5 l chicken broth
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- black pepper
- Use a large pot. Put a whole chicken in, cover with water, and add salt. This will make the stock stronger and more aromatic. Boil for about 30 minutes and remove the foam.
- Strain the stock. Debone the chicken and set about 200 g of the meat aside for the soup. You can use the rest of the meat to cook another chicken meal.
- Cut all vegetables into small cubes.
- Put the carrots and the onions in the stock to boil first, then add the potatoes and the peppers. After 10-15 minutes add the chicken meat and the noodles.
- Boil until the potatoes are cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add finely chopped celery and lovage. Take off from the heat, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slice of lemon.
- Optionally you can sophisticate the soup with egg and yogurt. Just add some of the hot soup to the egg/yogurt mixture to even out the two temperatures and to prevent the egg from splitting.
- Gradually add the egg/yogurt mixture back to the soup.
Photo credit and inspiration: lakomnik.bg, cook-with-love.com, bulgarianspices.com