Kosova Pinxhur cream
There is nothing like Kosova Pinxhur cream which tops the toasted bread of children's snacks during rainy dayz. If you want to break the sweetness of red peppers that contains, shred some Albanian goat cheese on the top in order "to break" the taste.
- 1 pair of latex gloves
- Several glass jars
- 11 pounds tomatoes
- 3.5 cups oil
- 7 oz sugar
- 13.5 oz white wine vinegar
- 11 pounds red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 batches parsley
- 14-15 garlic cloves
- First bake and peel the peppers from the skin and the seeds, we wait for them in thin belts.
- We bake the tomatoes in the oven until they are soften. We remove the skin and the seeds, we wait in small cubes.
- In a large pot we put peppers and tomatoes together. Many in Kosovo also add carrots or eggplant, but this is optional.
- We add the garlic and finely chopped parsley, oil and salt.
- We cook them for a long time, in slow and mix them occasionally with wooden spoons.
Photo credit: www.kosova-sot.info