Roasted And Marinated Chili Peppers
These spicy treats would make a great addition sliced and added to the Bulgarian Shopska salad. They will get a bit spicier with time in the marinade.
- 10-12 peppers of your choice Jalapenos are ok too
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- a bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- sea salt
- In a bowl, combine the honey , olive oil, vinegars and whisk until well combined. Add in the grated carrots, garlic and chopped dill. Mix all together and add salt to taste.
- Set marinade mixture aside.
- Roast the peppers- This can be done by holding the peppers with tongs over a gas flame on your stove or it can be done on a BBQ, this just takes a minute, on each side. You want the flesh to turn black with grill marks but to stay intact.
- Put your roasted peppers into the marinade, mix all together and cover.
- Refrigerate for several hours to several days, these treats get spicier and better with time.
- You can always can a few jars for safe keeping.
- Serve chilled with some bread and Bulgarian salami like Lukanka
Don’t forget to follow internationalcuisine for more and interesting recipes.