Tarator is a refreshing cold Bulgarian soup made with yogurt, cucumber, garlic, walnut, dill, oil, and water.
- 1½ lb Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 lb cucumber peeled and deseeded
- 3 oz walnuts , chopped and lightly toasted
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small bunch dill , finely chopped
- Beat the yogurt until it is smooth.
- In a blender, add the yoghurt, oil, garlic, cucumber, half of the walnuts, half of the dill.
- Blend until reaching a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled or top with ice cubes and sprinkle the remaining walnuts and dill.