Fresh Asparagus Salad with Feta, Avocado and Thyme
Combining some crumbled feta cheese, avocado, fresh thyme, good quality extra virgin olive oil and a big squeeze of lemon juice to make a summery salad that can be enjoyed from a sunny window on a cold winter's day.
- 16 asparagus
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 100 g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Remove tough ends from asparagus then slice thinly in diagonal cuts, leaving the spearheads intact.
- Peel and slice avocado thinly, and cut into 2cm squares.
- Peel and slice cucumber lengthwise, then cut into 2cm squares.
- Toss all the vegetables together, arrange on a plate and sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Drizzle olive oil over salad and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and enjoy.
Photo and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com