Buzara can feature a variety of seafood including, mussels, clams, and prawns and are cooked in either a red or white sauce. The red sauce is made with red wine, onions, tomatoes, herbs and spices.
cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb peel-on, raw shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Apple or grape juice
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté the shrimp on one side, 1-2 minutes then turn them over and cook 1-2 more minutes. Add the garlic and tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the stock, juice and vinegar and reduce heat to medium low, cook 1-2 more minutes until sauce is homogeneous and shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add breadcrumbs to thicken the sauce slightly. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve over polenta or with crusty bread for dipping.
Photo credit and inspiration: Pixabay & theculturetrip.com