Sour Fish Soup
A basic traditional sour soup recipe from the southern part of Romania.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- ½ large red yellow or orange pepper
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 16 oz fish
- 8 cup water
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Turn the heat over medium and heat the oil In a large pot.
- Chop the add them together: the onion, carrot, celery and bell pepper. Saute them for a few minutes enough to develop their flavor.
- Add water to the large pot and cook the vegetables, about 20 mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then cut the fish in cubes and add it to the soup.
- As the fish is cooked, simmer 10 minutes the soup.
- Then add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Chop the parsley and add it to the pot.
Photo credit and inspiration: thebossykitchen.com