Kosovo Sallate is a delicious citrus salad that is light and refreshing. It has both sweet oranges and tangy lemon, it is then combined with some white brined cheese and hard boiled eggs.
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced into thin discs
- ¼ cup black olives in brine
- ½ cup sliced brine cured white cheese like feta
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced into rounds
- small bunch of fresh mint, minced plus a couple whole leaves to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Arrange the slices of oranges, lemon cheese and eggs on a platter.
- Top with olives.
- Add the minced mint and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the whole salad with olive oil.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Photo credit and inspiration: internationalcuisine