Greek "Horiatiki" Salad
A traditional Greek salad recipe (Horiatiki) will always (and only) include tomato, sliced cucumber, green pepper, sliced red onion, Kalamata olives and of course feta cheese.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 (medium) cucumber
- black olives
- 1 onion
- a chunk of feta
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Cut the tomato in slices. Do not cut in cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut in slices. You may cut the rounds in half.
- Cut onion in thin slices.
- Put tomatoes and cucumbers in a shallow bowl and combine.
- Place the thinly sliced onion on top. Add the olives.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and a splash of vinegar.
- Add some salt to taste.
- Place a piece of feta on top and sprinkle the whole salad with oregano.
Photo credit and inspiration: byagora