Salads are served with nearly every meal in Greece, they are wonderful tasting and part of a good healthy diet.
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced to ¼ inch (peeling is optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into rings
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 10 kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 lb Greek feta cheese, sliced thickly
- dried greek oregano
- Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange all vegetables, prepared as listed, on a serving platter or bowl
- Top with Greek feta slices.
- Sprinkle liberally with Greek oregano.
- Serve with olive oil and lemon on the side for those who enjoy a drizzle or squeeze of it.
Photo credit and inspiration: Youtube, internationalcuisine