Simple Greek Black Eyed Peas
Bright lemon juice, quality olive oil, and fresh dill transform a can of black eyed peas into an inspiring salad!
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas. Gently pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemon halves into a medium bowl. Slice the remaining lemon half into wedges and set aside.
- Add the scallions to the bowl and toss with lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While vigorously whisking the scallion and lemon juice mixture, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Fold in the black eyed peas and fresh dill. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Photo credit and inspiration: thewanderlustkitchen