Spice-Crusted Greek Chicken Skewers
These Greek Chicken Skewers are rolled in a blend of inspired spices before being cooked to golden perfection and served with a lemony dipping sauce.
For the Skewers
- 1 1/2 lb pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sizes pieces
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 paprika
- 2/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 red pepper flakes
- 3/4 garlic powder
For the Lemony Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Thread the chicken pieces onto metal skewers*. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl, then spread evenly onto a flat surface.
- Roll the skewers in the spice mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with olive oil, then cook the skewers for 2 minutes per side, 8 minutes total, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve the skewers with a side of dipping sauce.
Photo credit and inspiration: thewanderlustkitchen