Lukanka is a Bulgarian(sometimes spicy) salami unique to Bulgarian cuisine. It is similar to sujuk, but often stronger flavored.
- 2 lb minced meat (any variety, we recommend pork)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp savory
- hog casings (or other sausage links casings)
- Mixed all the ingredients together very well.
- Leave in the fridge for about 24-48 hours.
- Stuff the casings making sure that there is no excess air inside.
- Roll with a rolling pin and hang in a cool, dry place, preferably with no direct sunlight.
- Roll daily for about two weeks, trying to press out any excess air, use a needle to let air out if necessary.
- Consume when dry enough.
Photo credit and inspiration: delikates.bg, cuisinebgcr.wordpress.com