Cream of Mushroom Soup
This cream of mushroom soup is a deliciously unctuous and earthy traditional recipe from Montenegro.
- ½ lb mushrooms fresh or frozen
- 3 scallions , finely chopped
- 5 carrots , sliced
- 1 stalks celery
- 5 medium potatoes , cut into chunks
- 4 olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Remove the earthy part of the mushroom stems, quickly rinse under water and pat dry gently.
- Slightly heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté onions on medium low, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Finally, add the carrots, celery and potatoes and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cover with boiling water and cook for 45 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream 5 minutes before the end of cooking and stir regularly.
- Put everything in a blender and mix until reaching a smooth texture.
Photo credit and inspiration: 196flavors.com