Fried minced meat balls
These tasty meatballs go well with freshly sliced tomatoes and mozzarella.
- 1.5 lb minced pork meat
- 1 sweet onion minced or chopped
- 1/2 carrot freshly grated
- 1 potato- grate it
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 slice of stale white bread
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Pour the water on the white bread until it is completely soaked. Then remove the extra liquid from the bread.
- Combine the meat, onion, grated potato and carrot in a bowl.
- Add the egg, and water soaked bread to the mixture. Spice it up with the salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Leave the mixture to rest for half an hour.
- Cover the tray with baking paper, roll the meatballs and lay them.
- Bake them in preheated oven (350 degrees F) for forty minutes.
Photo credit and inspiration: babapena.com