Roasted peppers with garlic and parsley
This salad is part of the traditional Bulgarian kitchen and is a favorite addition to our homes, along with homemade brandy.
- 6 peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 tsp oil
- 1½ tsp vinegar
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400° F (or use broiler).
- Cut tops off peppers.
- Quarter peppers lengthwise and discard seeds and ribs.
- Place peppers, skin sides up, on pan and bake until skins are blistered and slightly blackened.
- Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover, and let stand until cool enough to touch.
- Peel skin from peppers and cut each pepper lengthwise in half.
- Mince garlic.
- Toss peppers, garlic, oil, and vinegar in bowl and add salt to taste.
- Cover peppers, place in fridge, and allow to marinate (preferably overnight).
- Serve with fresh, chopped parsley.
Photo credit and inspiration: windowtobulgaria.blogspot.com