The lamb for this simple grilled dish is not marinated but instead simply sprinkled with spices and seasonings.
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 3 scallions
- 1 stalk green garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dried ground lovage (common hogweed)
- 1 tsp dried spearmint
- paprika powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Cut the lamb in small skewer-size pieces.
- Place the lamb in a deep bowl and add the chopped scallions and garlic and all other spices.
- Mix well and pour the wine in the bowl.
- Leave the meat for 10-12 hours.
- After that, skewer the meat and roast on a grill or grill-pan.
- Turn the skewers regularly and smear with oil.
- Serve warm with stalks of scallions and green garlic placed in a glass of water.
- Serve hot.
Photo credit and inspiration: bulgarianspices.com