Green Bean, Tomato and Feta Salad
You can make the salad where the tomatoes are kept separate from the beans, or you can just toss everything together.
- 400 g Mini Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 400 g green beans, stems trimmed
- 100 g smooth feta cheese
- ⅓ cup almond slivers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add beans, cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, prepare a large bowl of ice-cold water.
- Drain and rinse the beans under cold running water for 20 seconds then immediately transfer to the bowl of iced water and leave for 5 minutes. This will ensure the beans remain bright green and crunchy.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the almond slivers in a non-stick frying pan with no oil until slightly browned, tossing fairly constantly. It takes around 3 or 4 minutes, but be careful because once they start to brown they burn quickly. Remove from the heat and empty onto a plate to allow to cool.
- Drain the beans again and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Toss the whole lot together.
Photo and inspiration: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com