Žganci - Buckwheat porridge
It is a traditional "poor man's food" of hard-working farmhands similar to polenta, although prepared with finer grains.
- 120 g buckwheat flour
- 700 ml water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a deep pot, bring the water to boil, then add salt and oil.
- Slowly add the buckwheat flour and stir.
- Once the flour has absorbed the water, reduce the heat and make a hole in the middle of the mash to let the steam out.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes (make sure to check regularly and reduce heat if it start turning brown at the bottom).
- Cut into big pieces to serve.
Photo and inspiration: wikipedia.org, kulinarika.net, ingredientmatcher.com