Cottage Cheese Spread
Cottage cheese spreads are a very popular part of Slovenian cuisine.
- 200 g Cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions and or chives
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
- finely chopped thyme
- finely chopped parsley
- Black Pepper
- Pumpkin seed oil, pumpkin seeds for the garnish
- Put cottage cheese in a bowl and smash well with forks.
- Add sour cream and mix well. Then add all other ingredients and mix all together to get creamy spread.
- Put in the fridge for a while - If possible for a few hours for all the ingredients and tastes to absorb.
Photo and source: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com