Rolled Dumplings with Beans
Rolled dumplings or štruklji are traditional Slovenian dish made very often and for many different occasions.
For the dry bean filling:
- 300 g pre-cooked beans
- 100 g sour cream
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- garlic finally chopped
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Mash the beans well. You can simply do that in food processor. Add all the ingredients except bread crumbs.
- Roll out the dough and stretch it to all sides. Spread with the filling and roll it. Cut the roll into smaller pieces.
- As all rolled dumplings you can cook them in salted boiling water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Cook them in salted boiling water after that drain them carefully and put them on a serving plate. Garnish with bread crumbs fried on butter. Serve them with any roast meat or goulash.
- Traditionally they are baked in the oven at 180 to 200 degrees C, for approximately 50 to 60minutes.
Photo and source: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com