Tofu Greek Salad with Char-grilled Vegetables, Rocket and Pistachios, and a Lemon Dill Dressing
This salad has a great mix of salty, creamy, crunchy and soft.
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 200 g firm tofu, cut into wedges 1cm thick
- 100 g baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 60 g feta cheese
- 30 g shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill eggplant and zucchini strips on a barbecue or ridged griddle. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Fry or grill tofu wedges in a little oil and salt. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange rocket leaves in salad bowl, then tofu wedges, char-grilled vegetables, feta and pistachio nuts.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil and dill and drizzle over salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Photo credit and source: greekvegetarian.blogspot.com