Bujta repa (sour turnip hot pot or pork with pickled grated turnips) is a Slovene national dish. It was mostly made in Prekmurje, the northeastern part of Slovenia.
- 2 kg turnip
- 1.5 kg pork (fresh or smoked)
- 750 g millet
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 40 g flour
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper
- Let the meat with turnip boil lightly together and cook.
- When you see that the meat is almost soft, add the unmade porridge.
- Add bay leaf and salt (according to your taste, usually 2 teaspoons).
- Mix the oil and flour and add chopped onion and garlic.
- Pour over a bit of cold water and mix, then stir it all in with the meat and turnip.
- Add it to boiling again and add salt
- Take out the meat and cut it into slices.
- You can serve the turnip in a bowl with the slices on top.
Photo and inspiration: natkinedobrote.wordpress.com