Stuffed Roast like chicken, goose, veal breast, pork ribs is considered to be a real festive dish.
Stuffed Chicken Roast
Stuffed Chicken Roast is usually prepared for big family celebrations.
- 2 boneless chicken legs
- 2 pieces of bread or small baguette
- 200 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 50 g onions
- 5 g bacon nicely cut
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram fresh is prefferable
- salt and black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- First, prepare the filling. Cut the bread into small cubs, not bigger than one cm. Add hot milk and wet it well. Stir-fry onions with bacon and a beat of butter until the nice color is achieved, add marjoram and parsley and mix with the bread. Keep aside to cool down before adding the egg.
- If the filling is too soft, you can always add more bread crumbs. Prepare meat to get a nice large steak like shape. Make sure it is no to thick. Season with salt and pepper. Put the filling on the meat and roll it around.
- Wrap with a thread, season with salt, pepper, and marjoram. Fry quickly all sides in a pan at high temperature. Then put into the baking tray, add the rest of the butter, a few pieces of onion and hot soup, maybe some wine or sake. Cover with aluminum foil and put it into the oven. Roast on low temperature, 130 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- When baked, leave it to rest for a few minutes, then cut and serve. I recommend red cabbage stew as a side dish and a glass of good wine.
Photo and inspiration: homemadeslovenianfood.blogspot.com