Peas and Beef Stew
Beef Stew recipe with Green Peas is a popular dish in Montenegro.
- 500 g peas
- 2 larger carrots
- 250 g minced meat
- 1 small onion
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- celery leaves
- black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Chop the carrot into rings and chop the onion into small cubes.
- Pour oil into the pot and fry the onion.
- When the onion becomes glassy, add the minced meat and fry it until it turns brown.
- Add chopped carrot and peas, ground red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato juice and water as needed, depending on whether you want a thinner or thicker soup.
- When the soup boils, reduce the temperature of the hob, cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked.
If you want you can add one scrambled egg or pasta or add a spoon of sour cream.
Photo credit and inspiration: slatko-slani-recepti.blogspot.com, receptizajela.com, recepti.com