Ćevapi is a kebab that is common in Balkan cuisine. These long meatballs are generally eaten in lepinja bread, onion and ajvar.
- 1 lb pork
- ½ lb beef (chuck)
- ½ lb lamb (shoulder)
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ onion
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp baking soda, dissolved in ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Grind all the ingredients.
- Make small kebabs of ground meat, about 3 to 4 inches long. Preheat barbecue (ideally) or a grill.
- Cook cevapi for 8 minutes on one side then turn over and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve 5 to 8 cevapi in the lepinja with ajvar, thinly sliced onions and sour cream.
Photo credit and inspiration: 196flavors.com