Kosovo Kurore is a popular treat to enjoy at the end of a meal or just with a nice cup of coffee. These little treats are made with fried dough that is flavored with lemon zest and brandy.
- 3 eggs
- vegetable or safflower oil
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dried fruit
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 2 cup honey
- Beat the eggs with two tablespoons of oil, the brandy and the grated lemon rind.
- Add as much flour as is necessary to produce a soft dough
- Heat a skillet with oil or your deep fryer to medium high
- Flour your hands and roll the pieces of dough between your palms to make them into small balls. Fry them lightly in oil until golden and drain them on a paper towel
- Set aside.
- Cut the dried fruit into small pieces and mix in a saucepan with the almonds and honey.
- Warm on the stove until the ingredients are combined together.
- Add the fried balls to the honey mixture, turning so that the balls are covered in honey.
- Leave them in the honey for approximately ten minutes and then transfer to a well-greased round baking tray, placing the balls round the edge and leaving a space in the middle.
- Leave to cool before serving.
- Serve with coffee or tea
Don’t forget to follow internationalcuisine for more and interesting recipes.