Pickled Vegetables - "Trushia"
It is an excellent accompaniment to meat dishes. Typically it is made in the late fall with the last load of vegetables picked in the home gardens.
- 2-3 heads cauliflower, cleaned and cut in small pieces
- 8-10 carrots cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 celery stalks, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 lb peppers cut in pieces. I use different colors peppers
- 1 head garlic, each clove peeled and cut into 3 pieces
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 300 g vegetable oil
- 500 g sugar
- 200 g salt
- 700 g apple cider vinegar
Photo credit and inspiration: bgcooks.com