Sallatë Jeshile – Green Salad
A simple green salad, lightly dressed with simply olive oil, vinegar and salt is a refreshing treat.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or any type you like, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ red onion, sliced, if it is a strong onion, you should soak it about 10 minutes in ice water
- 1 tomato, quartered
- olives, black, green or both, sliced
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar white, red or balsamic
- salt to taste
- Mix together all the vegetables and olives.
- Whisk together the dressing and pour over the salad just prior to serving.
- Toss gently and serve.
Photo credit and inspiration: internationalcuisine